You don't need to let go of the food you grew up eating when going plant-based, you just need to make them better – better for your health, the environment, the animals, and your overall consciousness.
We made The Good Choices products to help you transition to a healthier meat-free, plant-based or vegan lifestyle with joy and ease, all while still enjoying your favorite dishes!
This Sarciadong Isda recipe is 100% plant-based and vegan! You can get the ingredients from your neighborhood palengke, supermarket, and @thevegangrocerph.
1 pack vegan tilapia or snow fish (we got ours from @thevegangrocerph)
1 tbsp soy patis (also available at @thevegangrocerph)
Pinch of black pepper
Oil for frying
2 tbsps oil
1/4 cup garlic, minced
1/2 cup onion, chopped
1/4 cup ginger, minced
2 1/2 cups tomatoes, diced
2 tbsps soy patis
1/2 tsp rock salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 cup water
1 500 g pack TGC Tofu Scramble, thawed
1. Slice the vegan fish into fillet size pieces. Marinade evenly with soy patis and black pepper.
2. Heat oil in a pan over high heat and cook the fish until golden brown on all sides. Drain on paper towels and set aside.
3. Heat the oil in a deep pan over medium heat. Saute garlic until light brown. Add the onions and ginger and cook until fragrant.
4. Add the tomatoes, soy patis, rock salt, and black pepper. Cook until the tomatoes are very tender. Add water and simmer for 8 minutes or until the sauce thickens.
5. Add the fried fish and TGC Tofu Scramble. Mix well and simmer for 5 more minutes. Serve with steamed rice.
Simple, healthy, delicious.