This pasta dish is inspired by Yellow Cab's Charlie Chan Chicken Pasta. Used our meat-free PORK BELLY in place of the chicken and added @sanmiguelpalepilsenph for extra flavor.
Try making this recipe!
1 pack The Good Choices PORK BELLY, sliced into strips and fried until golden (about 5 minutes on medium heat)
500 g pack spaghetti noodles, cooked according to package instructions
6 pcs dried shiitake mushrooms, rehydrated in 1 1/2 cups hot water and sliced thinly (reserve the water)
1/2 cup onions, finely chopped
1/4 cup garlic, minced
1/2 cup sunflower seeds or roasted peanuts
1 cup San Miguel Pale Pilsen
Spring onions, chopped
2 tablespoons peanut oil
1/2 cup hoisin sauce
2 tablespoons chili garlic sauce
1 cup water from shiitake mushrooms
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons sesame oil
1. Mix all of the sauce ingredients in a bowl.
2. Preheat peanut oil in a large wok over high heat. Sauté onions and garlic. Add mushrooms and stir fry until the edges have browned. Add pale pilsen and simmer until liquid reduces.
3. Add the cooked pasta and stir fry for a minute.
4. Pour the sauce, mix well, and continue to stir fry for 3 to 4 minutes then add the fried PORK BELLY. Add more water if the sauce is too dry.
5. Garnish with sunflower seeds or peanuts and spring onions. Enjoy!
#youwontbelieveitsnotmeat #wearefilipinoplantbased #filipinoveganmovement